We recommendation is:
How to Apply for your Credit Card: Premier FNB
The Premier FNB Credit Card is a top-rated card for young people in South Africa, as it is ideal for those just starting in the working world. To apply for this card, a person must have a minimum income of R50,000.00. However, the Premier Credit Card offers many benefits to its users that make it stand out from the rest. Below we explain more about this card:
FNB credit card’s main features and benefits
This card has certain outstanding features that differentiate it from other credit cards offered by FNB or even other similar cards from other financial institutions in South Africa. Here are some of them:
- It grants an interest-free period of up to 55 days.
- This card offers numerous eBucks rewards to its users. An example is getting a discount of up to 15% on Uber and Uber Eats.
- You can make purchases by spending at the point of sale with no commission.
- If you make prepaid purchases through the mobile application, these will be free, i.e., no commission added.
- You can make electronic transfers with this card. The commission is zero.
- You will have access to Bidvest airport lounges.
- You will have debt protection in case of death, serious accident, or permanent disability. The user’s family is not obliged to pay the credit.
- The interest rate is personalized.
- It offers attention to emergencies on the road.
- You can make unlimited payments as long as they don’t exceed the amount of the credit granted.
- You will have a completely free subscription to FNB’s online banking.
- You will have a free subscription to the bank’s mobile application, where you can consult all the movements made with your card and pay the debt.
- By having this card, you will have comprehensive global travel insurance.
- There is a stipulated monthly amount that you must pay, but at any time, you can pay extra or the total amount of the debt.
- The card has a protection system in case of loss or theft.
- You can make cash withdrawals with the card, free of charge, up to R4,000.00 per month at Cash@Till and FNB ATMs.
- Among the travel benefits offered by this credit card are free global insurance, 4% reimbursement for international expenses, and special discount coupons for eBucks Ravel.
- You will have purchase insurance, where you will receive support if there is any problem with your payment in any store or establishment.
- You will have access to a virtual card to make online payments, a measure to avoid fraud and cloning.
- Customer service is very good at FNB. You will have access to an online chat 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to solve doubts or resolve problems.
- There are no fees associated with credit card payments at online stores.
- You will receive SMS notifications of transactions made with the card at no additional cost.
Premier Credit Card Fees and Commissions
Something that is of great interest when you acquire a credit card is the commissions or fees associated with the use of the card. That is why we have compiled a list of Premier’s fees. We present the data below:
- Monthly service fee: R75.00
- One-time initiation fee: R175.00
- Credit card installation service fee: R17.00
- Secondary card: Second card is free. For subsequent cards, the cost is R18.50 for each linked card.
- Petro linked card fee: R29.50 for each card.
- Credit card purchases: Free
- Cash withdrawals at FNB ATM: R2.00 rand per R100.00
- Cash withdrawal at the cashier: Free
- Cash withdrawals without card: R2.00 per R100.00
- Bank payments by cell phone: R8.50
- Bank payments from the FNB branch: R80.00
- Cash deposit at FNB ATM: R1.10 per R100.00
- FNB branch cash deposit: R80.00 plus R2.50 per R100.00.
- eBucks Rewards Program Membership: Free
Premier Credit Card Requirements
If you want to apply for the card, the following requirements must be met:
- Possess a good credit score.
- You must be of legal age at the time of application, i.e., 18 years old or older.
- You must have a monthly income of R300,000.00
- Have a South African ID.
If you comply with all these requirements, you must have the following documents:
- Have a South African ID book or smart card.
- Proof of income for the last three months.
- Possess proof of residence.
- Letter of consent from the spouse if the applicant for the card is married.
If you don’t meet these requirements the card application will likely be denied. So, it’s best to check if you meet the conditions first, in case you can’t look for other credit card options offered by FNB or any other South African financial institution.
After learning a little more about the FNB Premier Credit Card, we realize that it is an ideal card for those who want to enjoy a good rewards program, travel benefits such as insurance, access to airport VIP lounges, and discounts on international purchases, among other things.
On the other hand, the card has low associated fees and commissions, not to mention that the interest rate is personalized. Likewise, the Premier card is very safe since it has a protection program in case of loss or theft and 24/7 customer service, which allows you to communicate with the bank in case of any problem.
Of course, despite all the benefits this credit card offers, the best way to take advantage of them is when the credit card is combined with an FNB checking account, which makes it ideal for those users who already have this account.
Didn´t like this Credit Card? Stay tunned to our website and find out the best option for you!