We recommendation is:
How to Apply for your Credit Card: FNB Petro Card
A credit card represents a practical help to improve our lifestyle. And that is what the FNB Petro Card seeks to do: facilitate and improve our quality of life. We aim this card at people with a car since they can pay tolls, vehicle maintenance, or gasoline.
FNB Petro Credit Card
To apply, you need an income of approximately R84,000.00 or more annually. The card has a monthly maintenance fee of R55.00 and grants up to 15% reimbursement on fuel purchases.
Below we explain other aspects of the FNB Petro Credit Card:
Benefits of the FNB Petro Credit Card
The FNB Petro card has some benefits that we assure you will want to take advantage of. Here are just a few:
- It has a separate card credit limit.
- It has personalized interest rates.
- It allows you to manage fuel expenses for tax purposes.
- Guarantees free AA roadside assistance in case of any inconvenience.
- You can make your full credit payment whenever you wish.
- You will receive a separate credit card statement.
- It offers free automatic payment. You can pay your debt on time every month.
- You can access online banking, mobile banking, phone banking, and the bank’s app.
- It has free lost card protection and a PIN replacement program.
- The FNB Petro card has a secure chip and pin, which helps guard against fraud.
- It has a free subscription to inContact, which allows you to receive SMS notifications for every transaction over R100.00.
- It offers contactless technology to make payments quickly and securely, thus guarding against fraud.
- The credit line included will depend on the one that suits you best.
- You can use the card internationally and locally.
- You can cancel the Petro Card at any time without fear of penalties.
- Applying for the Petro card is easy, especially when you are an FNB customer.
With all these benefits, this card is increasingly shaping up to become one of the most secure Petro Cards in South Africa. That makes it the preferred card for many users.
Petro FNB 2022 Card Rates
Before applying for this card, you must know the associated fees and commissions. Below are the updated prices:
- Credit facility commission: R17.00
- Initial charge: R175.00 maximum.
- Monthly account fee: R38.00
- Additional card fee: R20.00
- Low-cost credit card purchases: Free
- Fuel transaction fee: R5.75
- Local coupon recovery request: R105.00
- International coupon recovery request: R295.00
- Rejected transaction fees: R9.50
- Card replacement fee: One free per year, then R120.00 per card.
- International card delivery: R700.00
- Courier delivery fee: Free
- Express delivery fee: R250.00
- Branch delivery fee: Free
Requirements to apply for the FNB Petro card
To qualify for this credit card, you need to meet the following requirements:
- Minimum monthly income of R7,000.00 per month or R84,000.00 per year.
- You must have official identification to prove that you are a South African citizen.
- You must be of legal age, i.e., 18 years or older.
- Possess bank statements for the last three months. Those are for those who do not receive their salary or income in an FNB account.
- Present a recent payroll document from the past three months.
- Proof of address no older than three months
You can apply for the card through the bank’s digital platforms or at a physical branch.
Having all these documents or complying with the requirements doesn’t mean the bank will grant you the card. Once you make the application and present the documents, FNB will verify your credit history. Depending on the result, they will decide if they will grant you the card.
Where to use the FNB Petro card?
You can use the FNB Petro card to purchase gasoline at any service station in South Africa. You can also use it to pay for tolls and vehicle maintenance. However, although the Petro Credit Card is stand-alone, there are certain limitations.
Yes, the FNB Petro Credit Card is indeed a credit card with the features of a credit card, but you cannot use it in any establishment. You can only use it to pay expenses related to your vehicle.
If you have a car, you might be delighted with all the benefits the FNB Petro credit card offers. And considering that the monthly value of the card is only R55.00, with all the benefits it offers, it is worth it.
With all the benefits the card offers, it is worth considering. But before making any decision, you should determine how much the potential cost of having an FNB Petro card is before applying for one, especially if you already have a credit card. That way, you can determine whether or not you need the Petro Credit Card.
The good news is that you can even apply for the card to try it out. If you are not convinced, you can cancel it whenever you want without paying any penalties.
Whatever you decide, the reality is that this card has increasingly become one of the preferred products of all South African vehicle owners.
Didn´t like this Credit Card? Stay tunned to our website and find out the best option for you!