We recommendation is:
How to Apply for your Credit Card: Standard Bank Gold
The Standard Bank Gold Credit Card is first-level with a credit limit of R250,000.00. The monthly service fee is R54.00. The minimum income you must have is R7,500.00. As a Gold credit card holder, you must pay 3% of your total credit each month. Now, as for the interest rates of the Gold credit card, they are variable and are determined exclusively by the credit profile of each person.
Standard Bank Gold Credit Card
These are some features of the Gold Credit Card from Standard Bank. To learn more, we invite you to read on.
Standard Bank Gold Credit Card features and competitive advantages:
If you want to apply for a credit card, you might be interested in knowing the most outstanding features and advantages of that card. For that reason, here are some of the most relevant aspects of the Standard Bank Gold Credit Card:
- It offers 55 days of interest-free credit when you pay the outstanding debt in full and on time monthly.
- The maximum limit offered by this card is R120,000.00. You have the option to increase the limit after six months. This limit can go up to R250,000.00, one of the highest limits on a credit card in South Africa.
- You can make secure online purchases with 3D Secure and one-time passwords.
- You can manage your payments on the card through SnapScan, MasterPass, internet banking, mobile app, and Tap & Go.
- The card offers a rewards program called UCount Rewards, where you can receive rewards every time you use the card.
- The minimum monthly income you need to apply for this card is R7,500.00. This amount is quite affordable for many South Africans.
- The credit card offers a lost card protection feature to detect fraud in case the card is lost or stolen.
- The fee for Point of Sale purchase charges on this card is zero.
- Users will enjoy travel insurance when they use a credit card to purchase airline tickets.
- Credit card offers discounts at various stores and online stores.
- We protect the credit card with 3D Secure verification. So, the shopping experience will be more secure.
- You can enjoy up to 35% discount when buying airline tickets with Emirates Airlines if you book through ‘Leisure Desk’ with the Gold credit card.
- We aim the travel insurance at people under 75 years of age, for a maximum of 90 days for an amount of R1,000,000.00.
- It offers food and lifestyle promotions and discounts using the ‘Mastercard App.’
- You will be able to access Standard Bank’s digital platforms for free.
- Every time you swipe the card for R300.00 or more on ‘Pro Gifts,’ you will get a 10% discount.
- You get up to a 10% discount every time you swipe the card for R300.00 or more in ‘A Place to Shop.’
- If you book a treatment at ‘Health Spa retailers’ using a credit card, you will get a 10% discount on your Health Spa voucher.
- You will get 10% off when you swipe the card in the Hirsch store.
- You’ll get 15% off AA when you use the credit card to pay for a subscription.
Standard Bank Gold Credit Card Fees
Another aspect you should know before applying for a credit card is the associated commissions and fees. Here are some of the Standard Bank Gold Credit Cards:
- Monthly service fee: R54.00.
- ATM Cash Deposit: Free up to R3000.00 and R10.00 for every R1000.00.
- Cash deposit at Standard Bank branch: R18.00 to R1000.00. Minimum R60.00.
- Standard Bank ATM withdrawal: R7.50 rand to R1000.00.
- Cash withdrawals at Standard Bank branch: R20.00 to R1000.00.
- Cash withdrawals at ATMs of other banks: R10.00 for R1000.00.
- International ATM cash withdrawals: R20.00 to R1000.00 plus a 2.75% international transaction fee.
- A cash advance on casino chip purchases: R2.00 to R100.00.
- Transfers between online accounts: R4.00.
- Transfers between branches: R75.00.
- Online bill payments: R9.00.
- Branch account payments: R75.00.
- Card initiation fee: R180.00.
- Purchase at point of sale with cashback: R1.40 for R100.00.
- Points of sale cash back only: R1.40 to R100.00.
- International transaction fee: 2.75%
Requirements to apply for the Gold Credit Card
If you want to apply for the Standard Bank Gold Credit Card, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have at least a minimum income of R7,500.00 or more.
- You must be of legal age, i.e., 18 years or older.
- Possess a South African ID book or smart card. You must have a valid passport if you are not a South African citizen.
- You must have a bank statement no older than three months showing income. That applies only to those who are not direct customers of Standard Bank.
- You must have proof of residence no older than three months at the time of application.
- Submit the most recent payslip.
Owning the Standard Bank Gold Credit Card card is an excellent choice as it has numerous competitive advantages. They include a monthly service fee of R54.00, which is very low compared to the maximum amount of credit which is R250,000.00.
In addition, with this credit card being accessible to most South Africans, it will allow those who have never had a credit card to start building an excellent credit history. That is not to mention that the Gold Credit Card offers incredible benefits in case of travel.
Didn´t like this Credit Card? Stay tunned to our website and find out the best option for you!