We recommendation is:
How to Apply for your Credit Card: Gold Absa Bank
Get to know the Gold ABSA Bank! Having a credit card can help you improve your economy and have the opportunity to enjoy benefits that you would not otherwise have, such as discounts on purchases, travel, and restaurants. However, to make the most of everything this card has to offer, you must know it well. Here we explain a little more about this credit card.
Gold Credit Card
Gold Credit Card rates
There are fees associated with the Absa Gold Credit Card:
- Monthly credit facility fee: R30.00
- Secondary card fee: R16.50
- Cash withdrawals directly at Absa: R75.00+R2.10 for every R100.00 withdrawn.
- Cash withdrawals at Absa ATMs: R2.00 for every R100.00 withdrawn.
- Absa-related ATM withdrawals: R6.00+R2.00 per each R100.00
- Local cash withdrawals: R2.00
- Purchases with local and international credit cards: Free.
- Bill payments by Absa ATM or online: R10.00
- Internal and external debit orders: Free.
- Transfer of funds at an Absa ATM, online, or by cell phone: Free.
- Balance inquiry: Free
- Cash advance fees: 6.5%.
- Late payment fee: 10%
- Over-the-limit fees: 6%
If the card is approved, the bank will charge an initial fee of approximately R166. Then, the monthly fee for the card will be R30.00. This fee is charged to keep the line active and allow the user to enjoy all the benefits.
As you can see, as mentioned above, it is much more feasible to make cash withdrawals at Absa-related ATMs. Withdrawals abroad are naturally more expensive. The fee can be up to R65.00. The associated currency conversion fee when making international purchases is 2.75%.
In the case of balance inquiries, you can do it for free at Absa ATMs or ATMs compatible with the bank. For all these fees and transactions, you can receive notifications directly to your email or SMS for a fee of 0.60 per message.
Finally, the annual interest rate associated with this credit card is 20.75% per year.
These are just some of the fees associated with this type of credit card. For other fees associated with commissions, you can consult their official website.
Features of the Gold Credit Card
The Absa Gold Credit Card has numerous features that have made it one of the favorite cards of many Absa users. Here are the most important ones:
- Access to Absa’s digital banking: through its Absa Banking application, you will be able to cancel or request the replacement of your card, and you will also be able to report if you have a problem with it. From the application, you will also be able to check all the daily movements you make with the card. The service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Access with preferential rates to the VIP lounge at Bidvest airport.
- Travel insurance against certain types of emergencies, with coverage of R1,500,000.00.
- The Card is protected free of charge in case of loss or theft. All you have to do is call the bank to report it.
- You can opt for rewards consisting of cash back when paying in domestic or international locations. Other types of rewards are for challenges completed in the bank’s application due to the operations performed.
- The card is Visa, and therefore you will enjoy its benefits of it.
- To pay for the card, you can do so from your smartphone, computer, or ATM.
- You have access to NotifyMe. This system is very secure. With it, you can receive SMS notifications detailing the transactions you make with your card.
- The card will allow you to create a credit history.
Advantages of the Absa Gold Credit Card
The Absa Gold Credit Card offers numerous advantages for all its users:
- You don’t need to pay anything to sign up for this credit card.
- The card has 57 days of credit, with zero interest on purchases.
- The monthly fee for the card is low. Approximately R23.00.
- Point-of-sale payments locally are free of charge.
- You can use the Absa application for free.
- The credit offered by the card is quite ample, up to R90,000.00.
- They have 1% cash back on transactions.
- You will enjoy unique Visa offers. For example, South African restaurants, Visa Airport Dining, and other special offers.
Absa Gold Credit Card Requirements
To apply for and be approved for the card, the following requirements must be met:
- You must have a monthly income between R4,000.00 and R25,000.00.
- You must be of legal age at the time of application. You must be 18 years old or older.
- You must have valid identification. In this case, you need to have a South African ID book or smart card.
- Possess proof of residence, not older than three months.
- Proof of income for the last three months.
- Passport photo.
Request it now
- Applying for this card is very simple. You can do it directly from the official Absa Group website. Once you enter the page, go to the credit card section and look for the Gold Credit Card. Once there, click on the button that says apply now.
- You will be redirected to a page where you can submit your application online, entering all the requested information. You must complete the 6-step assessment. You don’t need to do it all at once. You can save it and continue later.
- However, it is essential that if you are going to make the application, you must be of legal age, that is, over 18 years old, and have proof of income where it can be verified that you earn R4,000.00 and R25,000.00 monthly. If you do not meet this initial requirement you will not be granted the card.
- On the other hand, when you are filling out the application, you must have certain documents such as proof of income, residence, and identification.
- Obtaining the card is completely free of charge. Likewise, if it is lost, stolen, or needs to be replaced, there is no need to pay anything.
- As you can see, applying for the card is quite simple and there are many benefits you can enjoy. Don’t wait any longer and apply now.
Do you need a credit history?
To apply for the Absa Gold Credit Card you do not need a credit history. This is beneficial for citizens who have never had access to a credit card or bank loan before.
For this reason, this card is one of the most requested by people whose income is the minimum wage or young people who are just starting in the labor market and whose income is not so high.
The Absa Gold Credit Card has some benefits, especially compared to similar cards from other South African banks. The minimum income required to apply for this card is R4,000.00, which is quite affordable even for people who only have a minimum salary.
In conclusion, the Absa Gold Credit Card is ideal for South African citizens who do not have a high income and cannot afford a top-tier credit card such as this one.